So I realise I'm a bit late to the party but 2017 was a huge step forward for Lucy Lu so I thought I 'd document the highlights:
- I self-released 3 songs, this was all out of my own pocket. At one point I had 6 jobs to pay for studio time and session musicians.
- I started gigging again. I went through a period of not being able to go near a stage and when I started to gig again I completely fucked up. So, I created a whole new set with different songs and instruments and this is continuously evolving. (I have plans for 2018.)
- Midnight Car Ride and Soulful Goodbye were both premiered on BBC Introducing Three Counties
- Midnight Car Ride was BBC Introducing Three Counties Track of the Week
- Oh Love was the first ever Mix96 Discover Track of the Week
- All three songs have been supported by BBC Introducing
- I played Standon Calling Festival on the BBC Introducing Stage just before Tom Grennan
- I played a BBC Introducing Showcase
- I supported Tom Walker on his 2017 tour.
- Midnight Car Ride was given the thumbs up by a GirlsIRate industry panel that included Carla Marie Williams and Lily Allen.
- I've learnt so much about the business side of music. I had just left a record label and had never released anything myself before so safe to say I had a lot of learning to do. I researched, went to music industry seminars and learnt as much as I could about the industry to try and do this self-releasing thing properly (still learning lol.) I still have so much to learn but comparing current Lucy with Lucy this time last year, I've grown an awful lot.
I sound like a cheesy mug but if you have ever listened to my music or supported me in anyway shape or form in 2017, thank you x